We see all physiotherapy cases that includes;
- Geriatric (Senior citizens) and
- Operative cases.
In operative cases we do pre-operation and post-operation rehabilitation to ensure that operation is successful and patient is independent of his goals.
For senior citizens; we focus on their lung and heart capacity, their bone density and muscle strength. We make sure to help them walk independently.
For Sports we have different assessments for each sport which helps us reaching the correct diagnosis. Along with 6 phases of Sports rehab, SISA protocol is also used for rehabilitation in sports injuries to ensure that an athlete is well prepared for resuming the sport at its earliest.
Every case has its respective assessment, evaluation and specific test. Posture and Gait pattern are very well evaluated for all the cases at Dr. Prachi’s clinic. Footwear is also assessed to check the root cause of complaint. Aquatic assessment is taken separately to make sure that rehab is guided well to the patient.
At Dr. Prachi Shah Arora’s clinic we believe in a holistic approach. Depending on the severity and need of the case we chose our treatment that will help us in achieving patient’s goal sooner.
- Exercise therapy with or without various equipment and different maneuvers,
- Electro therapy for diverging pain gate mechanism and stimulating muscles,
- Dry Cupping therapy for enhancing performance and removing localize pain,
- Dry Needling therapy which is done under all hygienic and sterilized conditions helps patient by increasing range of movement without pain and release deep muscle knots. This technique can help in early muscle strengthening and pain relief.
- Taping technique which can be Kinesio, Athletic, Sports, McConnell, Mulligan’s, etc.,
- Manual therapy which is done either with specialized equipment known as IASTM or with hands ideally along with usage of various maneuver like Myofascial release, Positional releasing technique, Trigger point release and mobilization such as McKenzie, Maitland, Kaltenborn, Mulligan’s or Cyriax to correct the alignment of joint.
- Aquatic Therapy is also available at Dr. Prachi Shah Arora’s clinic.
Diet prescription for weight loss, thyroid, diabetes, weight gain and sports nutrition is being prescribed.
Metabolism plays a major role in recommending diet. Hence, the diet is being advised on basis of
- one’s blood group,
- daily routine,
- basic requirement for that particular age group,
- goals towards diet and
- keeping in mind medical ailments if any.
We understand that women’s body take and fight against various stress. It can be PCOS, PCOD, thyroid, hormonal imbalance, delayed menses, menopause, early osteoporosis, urinary incontinence, water retention, pudendal nerve impingement or vaginal stress syndrome.
We focus on all aspects such as pain management, controlling hormonal imbalance with the help of exercises, flexibility, strength, fat burn, toning of lose flap of skin, increasing power and make a woman fit, look younger by the age with the help of various fitness exercises program.
Dr. Prachi Shah Arora is certified pre and post-natal therapist as well. We also have the facilities for pre-natal care / pregnancy exercises as well as post-natal care / post-delivery exercises.
Pre-natal care includes: – Either of it or all of them can be done depending on the woman and gynecologist for a healthy delivery of the baby and easy childbirth.
- Ai Chi
- Breathing exercises
- Swiss ball exercises
- Brain Gym exercises
- Husband and wife therapy session
- Preventions, precautions and educating about pregnancy
Post-natal care includes: –
- Kegel exercises
- Weight loss
- Fat loss
- Baby and mother bonding exercises
- Toning and strengthening exercises
- Aqua aerobics and Aqua fitness
Ergonomics, Workplace and Footwear
We believe that shoes have a lot of effect on body’s posture and mechanics as no one wants to wear uncomfortable footwear because we move around putting them on. But footwear you have selected might not go with the structure of your feet or with your daily routine of work. Thus improper footwear creates a lot more tension on your fascia, knee joint, spine and neck.
At Dr. Prachi’s clinic, team assess the faulty body mechanics happening due to person habit or because of faulty designed chair, sofa, mattress, etc. Correct ergonomics and workplace wellness is guided to the person to avoid reoccurrence of same pain and other postural abnormality.
Posture has a major role to play in one’s biomechanical joint pain.
Pain or muscle strain can arise due to
- muscle or fascia tightness,
- wrong footwear,
- poorly designed workstation or mattress,
- improper warm up or cool down,
- faulty designed sports equipment or an exercise equipment or tool not ideal for your body as per kinanthropometry study,
- wrong walking pattern has a lot more to contribute to neck pain
Here at the Centre we doing preventive assessment and evaluation of entire body. This will help in detecting those mistakes and faulty biomechanics. It will help in preventing muscle strain, joint pain or body aches.
Massages are provided by qualified and experienced masseuse at Dr. Prachi Shah Arora’s centre within guidance of Dr. Prachi. There are various forms of massages available at the Centre.
- Sports massage– is what an athlete or a person who exercises 3 days a week should look for once in a month. Massage Therapist releases tight fascia, superficial and deep knots as well as stretches all major muscles. This massage helps in enhancing performance and prevent any overuse injuries.
- Trigger release massage– for the ones who travel a lot. Masseuse will release the trigger points around the body and will give acupressure points.
- Deep tissue massage– This massage is done to release deep fascia. Fascia is layer that runs throughout the body. It is a soft tissue layer that lies under skin and above muscle. Daily routine makes it tight which then causes pulling pain throughout the body. Range of movement is increased when the fascia is released.
- Flushing– People who have lot of swelling, edema, varicose veins and are sensitive to any pressure should opt for this massage. Massage is done in a particular direction to reduce swelling and is very gentle.
- Water massages– Jets and Jacuzzi massages are given to release trigger points, fascia and reduce swelling without causing any pain with the pressure. it is given in warm water without any additional minerals added to it.
- Watsu – Water shiatsu is a form of aquatictherapy used for deep relaxation. Watsu is characterized by one-on-one sessions in which a practitioner or therapist gently cradles, moves, mobilizes, stretches, and along with shiatsu points massages a receiver in chest-deep warm water.
S & C Fitness
Strength and conditioning is essential for fitness. It is a transitional phase between physiotherapy and gym. S & C is very important for any sports as it helps in conditioning vital capacity as well as improving muscle endurance, making an athlete powerful in agility. S & C training helps in maintaining and increasing lean body mass, reducing body fat mass and toning the body well in shape. Gym is purely used for strength training and gaining hypertrophy of the muscles.
It can be done in various forms:
- TRX training
- HIIT training
- Aquatics (add a tab of aquatics)
- YOS fitness
- Step aerobics
- Intermediate training
- Compound training
- Boot camp